Dr. Sigita Stankeviciene
One of the most experienced pediatric hematologist in the Baltic States. The Head of Pediatric Onco-hematology Dep. at Vilnius University Hospital ‘’Santaros Klinikos’’. Our goal is to support families in earlier diagnosis and recommendations for treatment of children or teens with blood diseases.
Anemia is not a diagnosis; it is a manifestation of an underlying disorder.
Pediatric hematologist/oncologist diagnoses, treats, and manages children with the following:
Diseases of blood cells including disorders of white cells, red cells, and platelets
- Anemias (vitamin B12 deficiency anemia, folate deficiency anemia, hemolytic anemia, iron-deficiency anemia, anemia in chronic illness or infections, blood loss anemia, others)
- Blood cells numbers and functions disorders
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura
- Inherited hemoglobinopathies
Bleeding disorders (follow -up care)
- Von Willebrand disease
- Rare factor deficiencies
Cancers including leukemias, lymphomas, and other tumors
Other related disorders & conditions:
- Enlarged lymp nodes
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic fever
- Bone pain, sometimes associated with swelling of the joints
- Cat-scratch disease
Comprehensive spectrum of Laboratory services is available on-site.